(Guest post by Greg Forster)
I’m grateful for the attention to the recently released fourth edition of my report A Win-Win Solution, reviewing the evidence on school choice programs.
You can now hear a podcast of yours truly discussing the report here.
As in past years, the table in the executive summary kind of says it all:
If that graphic doesn’t show well on your monitor, here’s the scorecard on what empirical studies have found for school choice programs:
- Academic Outcomes of Choice Participants: 14-2-2
- Academic Outcomes of Public Schools: 31-1-1
- Fiscal Impact on Taxpayers and Public Schools: 25-3-0
- Racial Segregation in Schools: 9-1-0
- Civic Values and Practices: 8-3-0