(Guest post by Greg Forster)
Hollywood is so dumb, they’re actually having trouble making a Justice League movie. Over on Hang Together, I am not impressed:
Look, you have here a team consisting of:
1) A virtuous hero raised by decent ordinary folk on a farm in Midwest corn country;
2) A self-made billionaire genius whose parents were slaughtered in front of him in a big east coast city;
3) A beautiful, fascinating noblewoman from an advanced but bizarre civilization who doesn’t believe in our ways but is stuck here and is trying her best to make our home hers; and
4) A couple other less important characters (choose any two from dozens of DC universe possibilities).
In other words, you have:
1) The moral backbone of America;
2) The cosmopolitan entrepreneurial genius of America;
3) The exotic immigrant from aristocratic Europe; and
4) Comic relief.
If you can’t make that movie, get out of the storytelling business.
Read the rest here, including my suggested opening scenes for the film.